Golden Eagle Festival takes Western Part of Mongolia in 3 different places in the mid, end of September, and the beginning of October in Mongolia.
1. 15-16 September 2021 Local Golden Eagle Festival
2. End of September 2021
3. October 2021 Golden Eagle Festival
For this specific tour, you will be a part of the October Golden Eagle Festival 2021 with up to 100 Kazakh participants and their magnificent golden eagles.
During this 6-day 5-night tour you will witness tournaments that test not only the bird’s mettle and the hunter’s skill but also the bond between hunter and bird.
Every year, just as the winter hunting season is getting underway, golden eagle hunters gather from all over Bayan-Ulgii province (western Mongolia) to celebrate the fascinating tradition and to pit their Golden Eagles against all comers it is live tradition- Golden Eagle Festival.
Eagle hunting has been practiced in Central Asia for thousands of years. Like traditional practices elsewhere in the world, hunting with an eagle is on the verge of extinction, but Kazakh culture, in Mongolia the tradition is alive and well kept.
Experiencing the sight of Kazakhs on horseback, dressed in their traditional dark coats and scarlet hats, with Golden Eagles hovering on their arms. Enjoy the rare opportunity to view Golden Eagles close up and allow one to perch upon your arm.
- Enjoy the epic scenery of Western Mongolia
- Enjoy an evening with a traditional folk concert, with talented throat singers, skilled dancers and enchanting contortionist.
- Exprience the hospitality of a local nomad family
- Be a part of a local Golden Eagle Festival of the Great eagle Masters
- Witness unique games such as Horse archery and female horse riders competitions.