GOLDEN EAGLE FESTIVAL -NOMADIC GAMES 2020, MONGOLIA
Local Golden Eagle Festival 2020
19-20 September 2020 (Actual date for Golden Eagle Festival)
Among those three Golden Eagle Festivals, this “Nomadic Games” festival is the youngest but enjoyed locally in Altay town, Mongolia. It will be 3rd year activity, which organized by Nomadic Trails company with collaboration of local Eagle Hunters community, making it as an annual celebration for the future.
This festival is smaller size than others, by number of participants of Golden Eagle Hunters, about 35-40 of them will take a part of it. Also, more activities such as horse archery and other games. We are pretty sure, this festival would allow you much more local feeling by walking in the local crowds than a tourists with big cameras.
Against all comers it is live tradition- Golden Eagle Festival. just as the winter hinting season is getting underway, golden eagle hunters gather from all over Bayan-Ulgii province (western Mongolia)
This 2 full day events
Nomadic Trails Cultural Tours
- Breath taking horse game Master calling the Golden Eagle by galloping his horse
- Calling eagle and landing on dragged bait
4.Tenge Ilu – equestrian competition of snatching coin from ground
5. Kiz- Kuar- another equestrian competition of girl catches a man on the horse and whip the man, embarrassed by being kissed
6. Kuk- Bar- whole goat skin competition. Another equestrian competition, that each horseman picks up goat skin and other horseman try to grab it from him. Whoever gets the skin at the end wins
7. Horse Archery
There is authentic game takes a place in Altay town, Horse Archery. It seems more young people love this amazing competition.
Where is this Golden Eagle Festival?
You will have 3.5 hour flight from Ulaanbaatar city to Ulgii town, where the Golden Eagle Festival takes place in western Mongolia. There are more Kazakh people than Khalkh Mongolians in this town and they have their unique culture. Ulgii town has about 30 thousands inhabitants and also capital of province Bayan-Ulgii.
Bank ATM-s, supermarkets, restaurants, bazaar (open trading market) local museum, shops- you could buy handmade artificial are available. The Ulgii town is located bit higher altitude which is 1710 m above sea level (Ulaanbaatar city is located 1530 m above sea level).
Then we drive out to Altay for 3 hours into Altay mountains.
What we see and experience at the festival?
Golden Eagle Festival takes 2 full days including competitions of:
* Golden Eagle Competition – with bait
* Golden Eagle Competition – landing on master’s arm while he is galloping horse
* Horse race -It is not a big race, only 10-20 horses will be in the race.
* Camel race– Again, it is rather small, 5-10 camels race in a short distance
* Archery– Pride Mongolians take this part of festival
* Tenge Ilu – equestrian competition of snatching coin from ground
* Kiz- Kuar– another equestrian competition of girl catches a man on the horse and whip the man, embarrassed by being kissed
* Kuk- Bar– whole goat skin grabbing competition. Another equestrian competition, that each teams try to snatch goat skin and has to deliver it to designated area, or similar to rugby but with horse riding.
Can we take a real pictures of Golden Eagle Hunters?
Yes, Nomadic Trails staff are well trained and have been working with Golden Eagle masters for numerous years. Arranging good photo setting, choosing right people, visiting exact spot for photo or videoing are part of our precise long time experience. I would say we have special connection with these Golden Eagle Masters. We also support local community and help local herdsman over the years.
Golden Eagle Master is flying Golden Eagle from top of hill- movie
Day1. Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
Day2. Fly to Ulgii
Day3. Golden eagle Festival
Day4. Golden Eagle Festival
Day5. Visit to local Golden Eagle Hunter family
Day6. Ulaanbaatar city /Terelj National Park/Chinggis khan statue
Price per person
Starting from 1800 USD
20 Sep 21 Sep
09-09:30 Horse Race 10:00 Golden eagle competitions
10:00 Opening ceremony 12:00 Horseback Archery
11:00 Golden eagle competitions 13:00 Lunch
13:00 Lunch 14:00 Kuk Bar
14:00 Golden Eagle Competitions 14:30 Horse Arcehry
16:00 Kiz Kuar 15:30 Award giving ceremony
Why choose us?
We are organizing private Golden Eagle festival 3rd year in a row after guiding tourists to the Golden Eagle Festival for 10 years. In our festival you will have more freedom to take pictures, observe and participate with the eagle hunters.
Book your Golden Eagle Festival Tour with Tulga, tour leader
Chingeltei District 1 Khoroo Peace Avenue, Express Tower #701
Ulaanbaatar 44 P.O. Box 793 Mongolia
Whatsapp: +976 9904 0894