This 15-day trip offers a wide selection of contrasting destinations such as the Gobi and Khuvsgul lake, the Blue Pearl of Mongolia. Highlights of this tour are the many natural wonders of both Gobi and Taiga. You will also visit the ancient capital of Mongols- Kharkhorin and Orkhon River Valley -one of the UNESCO heritage protected places of Mongolia. It is no wonder that this Gobi and Khuvsgul lake tour is one of our most sought out tours of 2019.
While traveling across Mongolia from the South to North for the duration of the whole trip, you will be staying in comfortable ger camps that consist of traditional Mongolian dwellings and local hotels. Adding to this, you will have an excellent service of 4×4 comfortable jeeps or minivans for your choosing and trained and experienced drivers of Nomadic Trails.
The scenery during the trip will change from Mountainous regions of the northern parts to open big horizons and deserts of the southern parts of Mongolia. The Gobi is not only Sand and Dessert but also the Gobi Altai Mountain range, vegetation, and many more. There are 6 full days in the Gobi with various activities such as visiting the Khongor Sand Dunes, Bayanzag Flaming Cliffs where dinosaur remains were found, and riding a Mongolian camel in stunning scenery.
Create your own trails with the Gobi and Khuvsgul lake tour by Nomadic Trails!
- Enjoy the hospitality of local nomad families with camels, horses, and yaks in different parts of Mongolia
- Epic scenery of the Gobi
- Be a part of “Everyday life activities of Nomads”, such as making dairy products
- Camel riding with the stunning view of Khongor Sand dunes
- Explore the ancient Gobi rock carving site
- Ancient Fossils of dinosaurs dating back to 90 million years
- Visit local old temples to get an idea of nomadic types of architecture in Mongolia
- Witness the stunning view of Khorgo Volcano which erupted 5000 years ago
- Visit places protected by UNESCO such as Orkhon Valley
- Visit the ancient capital of the 13th century Mongols, Kharkhorin
- Short boat trip to small Reindeer Herder family on the other side of the lake
- Wildlife spotting at the Gobi as well as Khuvsgul regions
- Horse riding along the pristine lake, Khuvsgul
- Short boat trip to small Reindeer Herder family on the other side of the like.