Golden Eagle Festival in Mongolia 2021 dates and locations:
In the Western Part of Mongolia, the Golden Eagle Festival 2021 will be organized in 3 different places at three different times.
To clarify, in the mid, end of September, and the beginning of October:
1. 15-16 September 2021 (Local Golden Eagle Festival in Altai village)
2. 18-19 of September 2021 (Golden Eagle Festival on the bank of Tolbo Lake)
3. 2-3 October 2021 (Main Golden Eagle Festival in Ulgii town)
For this specific tour, you will be a part of the October Golden Eagle Festival Mongolia 2021 with up to 100 Kazakh participants and their magnificent golden eagles.
During this 6-day 5-night tour you will witness tournaments that test not only the bird’s mettle and the hunter’s skill but also the bond between hunter and bird.
Every year, just as the winter hunting season is getting underway, golden eagle hunters gather from all over Bayan-Ulgii province (western Mongolia) to celebrate the fascinating tradition and to pit their Golden Eagles against all comers it is live tradition- Golden Eagle Festival.
Hunting with eagles has been a traditional practice in Central Asia for thousands of years. However, this practice of hunting with an eagle is on the verge of extinction around the world. But in Kazakh culture in Mongolia, this tradition is still alive and well kept.
Experience the sight of Kazakhs on horseback, dressed in their traditional dark coats and scarlet hats, with Golden Eagles hovering on their arms. You also get to enjoy the rare opportunity to view the Golden Eagles close up and can even have one to perch upon your arm. Also, enjoy Nomadic food culture in West Mongolia!
There are many opportunities of buying both Kazakh and Mongolian souvenirs in the festival area and Ulgii town.
For more information about the Tour and the Festival, check out our Tour Leader blog:
For more information, check out our travel blogs:
- Enjoy the epic scenery of Western Mongolia
- Enjoy an evening with a traditional folk concert, with talented throat singers, skilled dancers and enchanting contortionist.
- Exprience the hospitality of a local nomad family
- Be a part of a local Golden Eagle Festival of the Great eagle Masters
- Witness unique games such as Horse archery and female horse riders competitions.