Witness the spectacular scenery of Gobi of Mongolia, visit the ancient capital of Mongols Kharkhorin, with the chance to discover Mongolian nomadic culture first-hand by visiting our Naadam Festival Tour.
The Naadam Festival, the highlight of our trip, was created for military purposes in the old days when ancient kings needed all warriors to be trained all the time. They came across the idea of having a regional and state competition for Horse racing, Archery, and Wrestling. Since then the Naadam Festival is celebrated with these three traditional tournaments.
Join us for our 13-days 12-night tour with a fantastic festival in a small local town which allows you to experience the authentic culture of Mongolia.
Our journey takes us through the Chinggis Khan Statue complex with the dramatic stainless steel statue continuing on the Gun Galuut national reserve. After 2 days full of tournaments at the Naadam Festival site, we will start our journey to the Golden Gobi, Bayanzag Flaming Cliffs, the ancient capital of Mongols- Kharkhorin, Orkhon River Valley -one of UNESCO heritage protected places, and more.
Create your Trails with Nomadic Trails!
- Visit the dramatic stainless steel statue of Chinggis Khaan
- Enjoy a more local Naadam festival with few to no tourists
- Witness the three traditional Naadam games, wrestling, horse racing and archery
- Epic scenery of the Gobi
- Ancient Fossils of dinosaurs dating back to 90 million years
- Camel riding with the stunning view of Khongor Sand Dunes
- Explore the ancient Gobi rock carving site
- Visit local old temples to get an idea of nomadic types of architecture in Mongolia
- Visit places protected by UNESCO such as Orkhon Valley
- Visit the ancient capital of the 13th century Mongols, Kharkhorin
- Visit the Erdene Zuu Monastery built on the remains of the ancient capital
- Visit Hustai National Park, with the only species of wild horses the ‘Takhi’ or Przewalski horses.