Reindeer Festival Tour Mongolia
This unique Reindeer Festival will take a place in Taiga- Tsagaan Nuur town, Khuvsgul province, Northern Mongolia 2023.
There is ancient tradition both mysterious and practical in the winter of northern Mongolia. Blowing the long wooden horn which produces a low, melancholy sound by the oldest man of the reindeer tribe. Some say it used to scare evil spirits away during the dark winter days, though the horn was also used as a means of communication between reindeer people. The colorful and meaningful festival of dance, music and reindeer, abruptly awakens the sleepy alpine village of Tsagaannuur every winter.
March is often thought to mark the end of the winter and beginning of spring. It is rather mild winter compared with January (the coldest month in Mongolia) with many winter festivals take place in Mongolia such as:
- “Silver Reed or “Mungulug Shagshuurga 21-22 January”
- “Ice Festival in Khovd province, “Ice Festival 1-6 March” in Khuvsgul province,
- “Camel Festival 4-5 March” in South Gobi,
- “Reindeer Festival 5-6 March” in Khuvsgul Province
- Small “Eagle Festival 4-5 March” near Ulaanbaatar city.
For more details about the festival: Reindeer Snow Festival